Well the last run completed today until the actual barefoot marathon.
My barefoot challenge seems to be facing more challenges on a daily basis!
First the good news is that in the last two weeks I have had 3 chiro visits and 3 visits for Remedial Deep Tissue massage. So my left leg is now moving a lot more freer and the only bother this week has been sitting for too long in the car then I can feel it in my hip. Otherwise all good!
My feet have really been in the wars but
- All glass now removed from my forefoot pad
- Pesky thorns now removed from my barefoot.
- Today my feet are in tender care – all holes caused by above procedures have been dosed with paw paw ointment and a zinc plaster, and they have 3 days to close over.
Now this part of the training I love:
- Load up on carbohydrates
- Load up on electrolytes
- get ooddles of support – mental & emotional
And then I think we loose our common sense..
- Not even run my first marathon yet (barefoot)
- Already signed up for the 6 Inch Trail Marathon in December ( I loooove trail running)
- And only two weeks left till our Tough Mudder event!
- Plenty of things to distract my nerves.